Web browsers are an essential part of our day-to-day activities, we need browsers to perform every single task whether it’s searching videos, news, articles, studying martial, and more. We all know that Google Chrome has become a household name, as 65% of users set it as a default web browser. However, there are still users who prefer Yahoo for their regular uses, if you are one of them, you can set Yahoo as your homepage. After setting it as the default web browser, you can easily access Yahoo service just by opening the default page on your desktop, smartphone, iPad, iPhone, and other compatible devices.
How to Make Yahoo my Homepage
If you are looking for a way to set Yahoo as the default page for instant access to the plethora of Yahoo services with a simple click. The below section of this content is dedicated to the users like you, we have described the steps in an explanatory manner.
Set Yahoo as Homepage on Windows 10
Windows 10 users who want to set Yahoo as the homepage, go through the underneath steps;
- At first, open the web browser from Windows 10 and click on three dots from the right upper corner of the screen
- Now scroll down to the “Settings” and click on the Open with option and choose “A specific page or pages“
- Choose the default option or click on the customer option for another web URL that you want to see whenever the browser explores.
- Now click on the Plus button and save the changes
- After finishing the above steps, you will be able to set up Yahoo as the homepage of your web browser in Windows 10, now you can access various services with a single click.
On Google Chrome
If you are a Google Chrome user and wanted to know how to set Yahoo as the default browser, follow the below steps;
- Click on the Chrome browser to open it.
- Browse to the Menu button and select the ‘Settings’ option
- Scroll down the page and enable the ‘Show home button.’ You can find this option under the “Appearances’ segment.
- From the ‘Show Home Button’ option, click on ‘Enter custom web address’ to set Yahoo as a homepage.
- Now from the left menu click on “On Startup“, and next select ‘Open a specific page or set of pages“.
- Click ‘Add a new page’ that seems under the option ‘Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Enter the Yahoo URL in the felid and click on ‘Add’.
- Now Yahoo will be set as the main page of your Google Chrome browser.
Make Yahoo Default Browser on Mozilla Firefox
Just like Google Chrome, you can set Yahoo as the homepage on Mozilla Firefox as it has more than 200 million active users. So, follow the given steps, and get ready to explore the world of Yahoo in your Mozilla Firefox browser;
- At first, click on the Mozilla Firefox icon to open the browser
- Now click on the Menu button and press the ‘Options’.
- Click on the ‘Home’ icon placed on the left side of the screen.
- From ‘Homepage and new Windows’, choose the ‘Custom URLs’ from the drop-down menu.
- Find the ‘Paste a URL’ option and type the compulsory Yahoo address.
- Now close the browser and launch the Firefox browser to see www.yahoo.com as the homepage.
How do I Change my Homepage to Yahoo on Internet Explorer
There was a time when Internet Explorer is the only browser that rule the market. But as time passes newbies take over it and this famous giant gets lost in history. However, there are users who still use Internet Explorer and if you are one of them and looking for a way for making the Yahoo homepage, follow the steps;
- Click on the Internet Explorer icon to launch and now click on the gear icon placed on the upper-right side of the screen
- Now click on the “Internet Options” from the menu
- From the Homepage, section click on the General tab
- Now enter the Yahoo URL in the empty space
- Next, click on “OK” to make the Yahoo homepage on Internet Explorer.
Make Yahoo as a Homepage on Safari
If you are Apple or iOS user, the Safari browser will be pre-installed in it. However, you can set Yahoo as the homepage on the Safari browser too. After making the Yahoo homepage, every time you open the browser, Yahoo’s official page will open automatically and you can open various services without entering the URL.
- From your Apple device, open the Safari web browser.
- Click on “Edit” and choose the ‘Preferences’ menu.
- Choose ‘Safari opens with’ and you will see a drop-down menu seeming on the display.
- Click on ‘Homepage’.
- Enter the Yahoo address to set it as a homepage such as www.yahoo.com.
Know-How to Make Yahoo My Homepage on Mac
In case, you are a Mac user and prefer using Yahoo, setting Yahoo as the homepage will be best for a better user experience. Usually, Mac comes with Safari inbuilt web browser, if you are interested in using Yahoo, setting it as the homepage is considered so, the above section can help you set Yahoo as the homepage on your Mac.
How do I Set Yahoo as a Homepage on iPhone and iPad?
For iPad or iPhone users, setting Yahoo as the homepage is clearly an individual choice, as both devices are compatible with the first web search engine. Follow the underneath steps to use Yahoo as the homepage;
- Open the default web browser that is Safari from your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on the “Edit” option and choose “Preferences”.
- Tap on “Safari opens with” and tap on ‘Homepage’ from the list of several options.
- Enter the web address for setting it as a homepage.
- Now tap on ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Set Yahoo as the homepage in Brave Browser
Brave browser is the latest addition to the list of the world’s best web browsers. It let users navigate the websites and show content with great speed. This browser is free to download and gaining popularity due to its incredible features. If you are a brave user and looking to access all Yahoo services in one click, follow the steps carefully;
- Open the Brave browser and click on 3 parallel lines to open the menu
- Now scroll down and click on “Settings”
- Click on Get Started option,
- Under on startup, three options are available “Open the new tab page” “Continue where you left off” or “Open a specific page or set of pages”
- Select Open a specific page or set of pages and click on Add a new page
- Next enter the Site URL www.yahoo.com and click on Add
- Now restart the Brave browser and www.yahoo.com will be open as the default page on your browser.