Webmail 1and1 is a famous web hosting company located in Germany, founded in 1988 and currently operated by the United internet. It offers various types of services such as Cloud Server, SSL certificates, Email Services, Hosting, Domain Registration, and many more in the bucket. It operated from the headquarters located in Montabaur, Germany in more than 40 countries and served over 8 million customers.
What is 1and1 Webmail?
1and1 webmail is a web-based email service offered by the 1and1 IONOS. This email services function like any other email service available on the web, all you need is a web browser and an active internet connection, to begin with, this famous email giant. Being a web hosting service, it allows users to have a custom domain name, which makes it different from other services. Additionally, you can create folders and manage your contacts, calendars, and appointments in a single place. If you want to set up an account with this email client and don’t know how to do that, don’t worry, we bring a complete guide on 1and1 login webmail that will cover the setup, requirements, login, and password recovery, so let’s dive.
Prerequisite for 1and1 Webmail Login
Not much you need to use the webmail 1and1, but the underneath requirements are basic one, that you need to know before setting up an account with this email service.
- A web address to reach the official site.
- Webmail’s customer ID.
- Webmail’s Email ID and password.
- An updated internet browser.
- An active and fast internet connection.
Set Up a 1and1 Webmail Login Account
After knowing the requirements, it is time to set up an account on webmail.1and1. However, it is a cake-walk process but you need to follow it carefully, so have a look at the underneath steps;
- Primarily, open a web browser on your device.
- Now go to the official website of IONOS or click the link https://mail.ionos.com/
- Click on Email and Office from the menu.
- Now you will see Professional Email Address under the Email heading, click on it
- You will be moved to the page, where you will see the plans.
- There are 3 plans that 1and1 offer to the customers, 1 is Mail basic, 2 is Mail basic + and the 3rd one is Mail Business
- Choose the one that fits your needs and click on the Continue button.
- Now, type the desired web address you want for your email account and click on Check for availability
- After getting the desired domain, click on Add to Cart and move to the next step by clicking on Continue.
- Now click Checkout and you will be moved to a page where you need to enter the details
- After finishing with details, click on Continue to Payments Options.
- Make payment and you are good to go with the email account.
How does IONOS Webmail Login function?
Now the next topic is knowing about the functioning of the 1and1 webmail login process. There are multiple ways to access the account, so keep your eye on the underneath steps;
- Open the browser and go to the official site of IONOS.
- Click on the Sign-in button from the top-right corner of the screen
- You will see My IONOS Login on the opened page.
- Scroll down and click on Webmail under More IONOS Logins.
- Enter your email address and password and click on Login.
How to Reset IONOS Webmail Login Password?
Having multiple applications on our devices and accounts is common these days and managing or remembering passwords for all of these is somewhat impossible. Consequently, forgetting passwords for webmail.1and1 is common for users. So, we have explained the method of resetting your password.
- First, go to the official site of IONOS.
- Click on the Sign In option.
- Now click on Forgot your login details.
- Next, enter your Customer ID, Email address, or Domain, and press the Request New Password.
- Now you will get the reset link, click on a new password and save changes.
Tips to Prevent webmail.1and1 Account from Errors
After creating the strong password, you must be aware of a few things that help your account safe from any kind of issue or breach, have a look at them;
- A strong password must be a combination of 12 characters long, including numbers, uppercase, lowercase letters, and special characters.
- Avoid using any guessable password, make sure you don’t use your phone number, birth date, or any information that is easily accessible from your account.
- Try to change the password regularly within a month, this might be seeming a hassle, but it will prevent your account from hazardous problems.
- If you are not able to think about a strong password there are several online tools that help you suggest a strong password.
IONOS Webmail Application for Smartphones
1and1 email is not only available for desktop users, but you can access it anywhere easily from your smartphone using the app version. The application version is available for both Android and iPhone users. Android users can download the application from the Play Store and iPhone users can find it in the apple store easily.
IONOS Webmail Settings
SMTP settings are compulsory for users for a hassle-free emailing experience in the 1and1 email service. However, SMTP settings are easy to simple but many users find it difficult, so in the underneath section, check out the server settings for incoming and outgoing processes.
Incoming Email Settings (IMAP)
Server Name imap.1and1.com
Incoming Email Settings (POPS):
Server Name pop.1and1.com
Port (SSL)- 995
Outgoing Email Settings (SMTP)
Server Name smtp.1and1.com
In this article, we have covered every aspect of the 1and1 webmail service, starting from setting up an account, logging in to different devices along with server settings. It is a complete package for users who want to know about this email service thoroughly.